Bounded by Lake Washington to the west and Sammamish to east, Bellevue is a thriving green city just 15 minutes away from Seattle. Here, you’ll find a forward-thinking community that takes pride in its approach to sustainable growth and peaceful coexistence with nature.
Often referred to as the “city in a park,” Bellevue encompasses 2,800 acres of forest and open space. Combined with its stunning location between two lakes, there’s no shortage of stunning views all around you. It’s no wonder European explorers called it “beautiful view”when they first set foot in the area.
Bellevue more than just lives up to its name. The city is home to tech, finance, and retail juggernauts like Intel and Merrill Lynch — firms that generate plenty of high-paying job opportunities. There’s also a great selection of well-kept neighborhoods, with a great deal of top-tier real estate stock to choose from.
What you’ll love
- Environmentally conscious community. Together with property owners, the city works hard to maintain and protect its trees, especially the ones located on residential property (approximately 75% of Bellevue’s total tree cover). The city also requires a special permit before removing five trees that are more than three years old.
- Abundance of parks and outdoor attractions. Going out for a daily meditative walk or getting into a more active lifestyle is incredibly easy in Bellevue. The 150-acre Kelsey Creek Park — with its playground, farm tours, and animal showcase — is a great spot to bring kids along. Equestrian enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Bridle Trails State Park. Relaxing or swimming (when the water gets warm enough) at Meydenbauer Bay Park is a favorite local pastime.
- The Meydenbauer Center.Big-time conventions and dazzling theatrical performances are staples at the Meydenbauer Center. There’s a wide variety of shows to choose from every month.
- Downtown Bellevue.Known as the fashion capital of the Pacific Northwest, Downtown Bellevue is where a plethora of high-end shops and luxury brands converge. For starters, check out Bellevue Square, Bellevue Village Center, and Lincoln Square.
- Stellar dining experiences. Whatever you’re craving at the moment, Bellevue has you covered. Want custom-aged steak, paired with a fine selection of wines? A visit to John Howie Steak is well worth it. However you like your fondue, be it cheese or chocolate, The Melting Pot won’t disappoint. For classic and innovative takes on Italian dishes, check out Carmine’s and Cantinetta Bellevue.
- Nightlife spots and beloved watering holes.Although most places close shop by 10PM (weekdays) or 12AM (weekends), Bellevue has a fine selection of bars and classy haunts. Here are some recommendations: Tavern Hall, Black Bottle, Civility & Unrest.
Real estate snapshot
Bellevue presents a diverse array of real estate options. From modest townhomes and single-family homes to luxury condos and vast waterfront estates, there’s something here for almost every type of buyer. Homes usually cost anywhere between $700,000 to $6 million. The predominant styles are Mid-century Modern and Northwest Contemporary architecture,
Find out what else is in store for you in Bellevue. If you’re in the market for a new home, consider working with Craig Nosler. You may get in touch by phone at 425.765.5588 to get started.References:
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.