Laid-back beach town vibe isn’t the first thing that would come to mind for those unfamiliar with Kirkland. That’s exactly what surprises a lot of people when they experience what this city has to offer — and usually, they end up staying for good. Anyone who has always wanted to have enough space to stretch or to raise a family will be right at home in Kirkland.
Kirkland is great for those who desire to be close to the water, or at the very least, within convenient walking distance from the shore. The city boasts over 25 miles of parkland frontage along the Lake Washington shoreline, where there’s an array of amenities and activities. The city is also known for its charming neighborhoods, vast open space, and protected bike lanes. In fact, it was the first city in Washington state to adopt a Complete Streets Approach which highlighted pedestrian and cyclist-friendly infrastructure.
What you’ll love
- Lakefront parks. Blessed with well-maintained parks by the water, Kirkland easily exudes natural wonder. There are quite a few to explore, from O.O. Dennyand Juanita Woodlands Park in the northern portion of the city to the Yarrow Bay Wetlands down south. Whether you’re looking to enjoy an easy-going day picnicking with family or planning to explore the extensive trails, you’ll surely have a blast.
- Kirkland Performing Arts Center. This beloved 394-seat theater offers a premier venue to witness a variety of cultural showcases and artistic performances — from spoken word and films to heart-felt tributes to musical legends.
- A vibrant downtown area.While the city may seem quite laid-back, Downtown Kirkland brims with a palpable dynamism. It’s a great spot to get to know the community better or simply spend the night out with friends and family. For some tasty bites, you won’t be disappointed with Isarn Thai Soul Kitchen, Chianti Kirkland, or Ristorante Paradiso. Planning to stay out a bit longer? Check out Flatstick Pub for a fine selection of local beers. Vovina is the place for decent wine and light eats in a comfy lounge setting.
- Breathtaking neighborhoods. Well-kept neighborhoods facing the beautiful Lake Washington make living in Kirkland seem like a dream. There’s quite a few homes situated along this coveted shoreline. And even for houses that are further inland, the water never feels too distant.
- Quick access to nearby Seattle. If you’re in the mood to explore the area, it takes less than 20 minutes to get from Kirkland to Seattle. Residents frequently check out the other side of the lake to mix things up every now and then.
- Woodinville Wine Country. If you’re in need of a quick weekend trip that’s approximately 10 minutes away, Woodinville is a must-visit. Here you’ll find Washington State’s first winery, in addition to more than a dozen local wineries, distilleries, and microbreweries.
Real estate snapshot
Home prices in Kirkland usually range from $400,000 to well over $13 million. The vast majority of the housing inventory is made up of single-family homes — some of the most sought-after properties are those with unfettered views of the lake. There’s also a small selection of condos and townhomes throughout the city.
Find your dream home along Lake Washington at Kirkland. Seasons local agent, Craig Nosler, would be more than happy to guide you through your real estate journey. Get in touch today by phone at 425.765.5588.References:
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.