Nature thrives and opportunities abound in Bellevue, one of the largest cities in the Evergreen State. You’re never far from the great outdoors or lucrative jobs in the cutting-edge industries of tech and finance. And If you’re someone who puts a premium on waterfront living, East Bellevue may have what you’re looking for.
Some of the most sought-after residential properties are along the eastern portion, facing the beautiful Lake Sammamish. There’s a number of spacious homes hugging the lakeside, giving you quick access to a variety of water-based activities in the area. You’ll also find neighborhoods nestled in elevated and hillier areas, granting you gorgeous views of the lake and the mountains beyond.
What you’ll love
- Charming neighborhoods. You’ll have quite a few neighborhood options to choose from in East Bellevue. Discover excellent community amenities, tree-lined streets, and top schools in neighborhoods like Northeast Bellevue and Lake Hills.
- Proximity to Microsoft’s Redmond Campus.Originally based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, this tech giant relocated to Bellevue in 1979. Later on, the company moved to nearby Redmond, which is just across city bounds. The eastern tip of the Northeast Bellevue neighborhood actually juts into Redmond, which is convenient for tech professionals in the area who prefer a fairly short commute.
- Lake Sammamish State Park. Life revolves around the lake in this part of Bellevue. Two lakefront beach areas are favorite spots for picnics and bird watching. If you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, you can hike through dense forests and wetlands or kayak around the lake.
- Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park. Located 8.8 miles to the south of Bellevue is the vast Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park. This 3,000+ acre park boasts over 35 miles of trails that wind through second growth forests, wetlands, cave systems, and streams. No mountain bikes are allowed, but there are a few trail paths that allow for travel on horseback.
- Top notch education. East Bellevue is ideal for families of various sizes. Households send kids to some of the best schools in the area, like Spiritridge Elementary, Bennett Elementary, and Tillicum Middle School. Bellevue College is also close by, offering a range of programs and technical certificates as the third largest higher learning institution in Washington State.
- The Golf Club at Newcastle. Avid golfers will relish tee time in this championship golf course near Cougar Mountain. Soak in scenic views of Mt. Rainier as you practice your swings or make your way through green fairways. Inside the expansive 44,000 square foot clubhouse are state-of-the-art facilities, picture-perfect event venues, and three restaurants.
Real estate snapshot
Homes in East Bellevue sit on some of the most coveted locations in the city. Properties easily reach the million dollar price range, from $1.3 million to $3.5 million. Expect to find vast lakefront estates that prioritize privacy and seclusion. There’s also a good selection of homes further inland that overlook the lake from an elevated vantage point.
If you’re in the market for a new home in East Bellevue, consider working with top local agent, Craig Nosler. You may get in touch by phone at 425.765.5588 to get started.References: